Green Plus Overview
Green Plus was developed specifically with smaller enterprise in mind, those with 500 or fewer employees. Time is scarce and anything you commit to needs to strengthen your bottom line. That’s why Green Plus is focused on practical, achievable, cost-effective steps that benefit your organization in the long run – and frequently the short run as well. Green Plus allows you to work at your own pace while giving you the feedback and support along the way to help you get to a new level.
To learn how Green Plus gives you a roadmap for sustainability and how certification will help you gain more recognition for your business, sign up for one of our free workshops.
Green Plus Participants
Save time and money by using these tools:
- Diagnostic Survey. The Diagnostic Survey is centered around practices representing key principles of sustainability with regard to Performance, Planet, and People.
- Sustainability How To Guide. Save hundreds of hours of searching by referencing the How To Guide (or Nuts and Bolts of Doing Green, as we like to call it), which defines key terms; outlines easy, medium and advanced steps; and shares examples from others.
- Sustainability Report. After you complete the Diagnostic Survey, the Green Plus team sends you a customized report with a score and an outline of your strengths and areas of opportunity.
Green Plus Certification
Earning Green Plus Certification gets you:
- Press Recognition. A public announcement of Certification is made via a quarterly press release.
- Location-specific Recognition. A Green Plus Certified window cling is available for your place of business.
- Online Recognition. Green Plus Certified logos are available for use on your website and emails.
- Public Network Upgrade. An upgrade to Certified is made in the Green Plus Online Directory.
- Chamber Recognition. As a Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce member, once you become Green Plus Certified you will be recognized at one of our two annual Green Plus Recognition events. We will award you with a Green Plus Certification plaque and you will receive recognition by being promoted to full Chamber membership as the newest Green Plus Certified member.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
You can find answers to any of your other questions concerning Green Plus by clicking here.
Green Plus is now available at an introductory price of $350 for Greater Raleigh Chamber members. The Institute is developing Green Plus™ Solo™ specifically to help sole proprietors and entrepreneurs in the pre-venture phase improve their sustainability. The cost of a Green Plus™ Solo™ certification is $125 for Greater Raleigh Chamber members. Certifications are renewed on an annual basis.
The Greater Raleigh Chamber offers four FREE “How To Get Certified” workshops throughout the year. Please check the Chamber’s Calendar of Events for the next workshop date
Additional Green Plus™ Info
The Institute for Sustainable Development comprises universities, chambers of commerce, and business and philanthropic foundations to advance practical knowledge in sustainability.
How does the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce support “green” initiatives
- Encouraging employees to turn off their lights when away from their desks for 15 minutes or more and to turn off meeting room, bathroom, and break room lights when they are unoccupied.
- Supplying washable mugs, plates, and flatware in break rooms.
- Providing recycling bins in common areas, meeting rooms, and at desks.
- Uploading all employee manuals and standardized forms to the Chamber’s Intranet for easy employee access.
- Encouraging employees to carpool to Chamber events.
- Implementing re-usable nametags at events and encouraging members to leave them behind for “recycling.”
- Green Business Expo – purchasing a Carbon Offset from NC Green Power, placing recycle bins throughout the show floor, and asking food vendors to donate unused food to the charity of their choice.
To participate in the Green PlusTM certification program and receive the Chamber Member Discount, you must indicate that you are a Greater Raleigh Chamber member.